All the claims in Germany have to be reported to the insolvency administrator Lucas Flöther until the 01.02.2018 (the claims must arrive in the office until this day – it is not sufficient when a consumer brings the letter to the post on the 01.02.2018!). If the registration is in time, than it is free of costs. Further information can be found on this website: https://www.airberlin-inso.de/start (you can change the website from german to english by clicking on the flag on the top right). The address is as follows:
Wallstraße 14 A
All the claims in Austria have to be reported to the court in Korneuburg until the 14.02.2018. The address is:
The case number for the insolvency process is: 36 S 5/18d and the claim has to be handed in in duplicate. In Austria a fee of € 23,00 has to be paid, to take part at the process (IBAN: AT76 0100 0000 0546 0779 / BIC: BUNDATWW)
There are different kinds of claims:
- Claims when the consumer cancelled the flight (fees & taxes)
- Ticket costs, when the airline cancelled the flight
- Costs for extra services (Baggage, XXL-Seats, …)
- Claims reagarding the Montreal Convention
- Compensation payments regarding 261/2004
- Additional costs regarding 261/2004 (assistance according to Article 9, costs for a hotel or alternative flight the consumer had to pay himself, …)
- Reimbursment of the ticket costs regarding 261/2004
Where to register your claim?
- The claims when the consumer cancelled the flight before the 15.08.2017 have to be handed in in Germany.
- The claims for extra services before the 15.08.2017 have to be handed in in Germany
- The claims regarding the Montreal Convention have to be handed in in Austria.
- The claims concerning compensation payments 261/2004 have to be handed in in Austria.